Monday, June 16, 2008

Holland Trip... Day 9 @ Amsterdam

For the trip to Amsterdam, Uncle Mike took leave from work to drive us there. As there were too many of us, and his car could only accommodate 5 at a time, he made 2 trips. This was a really nice gesture from Uncle Mike, and we can't thank him enough for his efforts to make our trip such a pleasant one.

That morning before we went to Amsterdam, daddy took me to a small park near the neighbourhood supermarket. I had a "rocking" good time... hehe! Too bad it was cold outside, or else I could have played longer...

Here's mommy, come to get me... Admittedly, it was pretty cold by that time already.

5 more minutes, mommy... please, please, pretty please???

After the morning's workout, we finally started on our journey to Amsterdam, and here's our first view of the city.
They have a very nice common park here... with the flowers coming out in full bloom!

It was still pretty cold outdoors...

Daddy eventually couldn't stop himself from buying some hotdogs... sighh, daddy likes to eat! hehe!

Here we are, at the famed Van Gogh Museum.
Too bad I was too young to really appreciate this place... nevertheless, we did enter the museum, but unfortunately no pictures were taken as the security of this place was really tight and they didn't allow daddy to bring in his camera. Heck, they didn't even allow my stroller and supplies bag to be taken in. Only one bottle of water allowed, that's all...

Some nice t-shirts on sale, and nope... they ain't cheap!

A random picture of some of the posters outside the museum.

A shot of the Amsterdam city skyline.

We took a break in the park, where mommy and I were seated on the grass. Mommy was feeding me some yogurt, as she said I was a bit constipated, and my stools were hard... sigh...

An eye-catching piece in Amsterdam.


This interesting-looking "bike" looks like some form of transport you can hire... can't be sure though, just a guess...

Here I am, playing a game with... my own shadow!! hehehe!

Whatcha staring at??

There was a nice pool in the park... with some ducks on it. I had a great time chasing after them, but daddy wouldn't allow me to get too close!

Grandpa seems to be holding me back, afraid I might plunge into the water after the ducks! hahaha!

A signboard, not the usual type you see...

Fancy buying this sculpture? This was displayed outside a shop.

Uncle Mike's attention was caught on something...

Hard Rock Cafe (left hand side) is just overlooking this river...

A closer view of Hard Rock Cafe... nice and strategic location!

There's no end to shopping with mommy... even if it's just window-shopping! hehehe!

Some random shot around the city...

Tulips are everywhere!

But I wonder what's the relevance of these iguana scultures in this mini park??

Daddy with a self-portrait... while watching some boats glide by. We could have taken a boat ride around the city river, but we missed it... sighh...

All the walking justified a much-deserved afternoon tea break! Auntie Sue picked this nice and cosy restaurant for our tea break...

Mommy looks tired...
... and so is everybody else, none more so than Grandma! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home